12/20/2006

Personal Milestone

Quick post.

I swam a mile non-stop tonight (35 laps). I've never swam that far so I'm bragging. That's right A MILE!!!

I started out just going to swim 20 laps with the American Crawl (on stomach, what most folks consider swimming laps). I did my 20 laps and started doing half lap resting back stroke/half lap crawl for 5 laps. Then I realized that if I did about another 3 or so, that would be a 3/4 mile. I've never done that much without stopping. So I did it. Then I realized that I was about 9 laps from actually doing a whole mile, so I went for it. I kept going and going. I felt great. On the last lap, my legs started cramping a little, but I pushed on and finished. I couldn't believe it. I am really proud of myself.

Don't worry, I'm not going to turn this into a blog about going to the gym. This is just a huge milestone and I thought I'd share it. (BTW since the spring, I have dropped from around 225 to 195 pounds)

Have a good one and don't get none on ya.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker