5/12/2006

Thursday Recap

So yesterday I “got a hankering” for some BBQ. Yeah I know BBQ Fest is next week, but dammit, I wanted some BBQ. On the way to Interstate BBQ I passed these faithful welfare employees sippin’ on some syrup.I raced to Neely’s Interstate BBQ to get lunch. I was going to get a pic of lunch, but by the time I got back to work, I was ready to eat it. So here’s a pic of the sign outside. I promise to get a pic of the sandwich one day.

On the way back, the welfare employees were still hard at work making sure the front yard didn’t float away. I’m so proud of the hard work they are putting into our society. If it weren’t for people like them, we would all have to start drinking Colt 45 malt liquor.

After work was over, I headed to Midtown to help the Porters move the last few items from her old house to his. I was told that I would have to get 1 couch, 1 dresser, 1 bed frame, 1 TV, and 1 or 2 boxes. Of course as I was told this information, I was looking at this sky at 5PM: No it didn’t rain, but look at that sky. Tell me if you think that’s a bad omen.

Take a look at these pics and tell me if you think that we only had to get 1 couch, 1 dresser, 1 bed frame, 1 TV, and 1 or 2 boxes.


Yeah, it was a ton of stuff. This second pic is an example of what a great driver he is. Now, in his defense he was driving down Poplar near the main library (very narrow lanes). But, I’ve seen crackheads do a better job.

From there I headed out to the parents’ house in G’town. My sister had to move out of the dorm yesterday. Mom took my truck to Oxford to load all the big stuff. My sister was supposed to get home and have everything but the heavy crap out of my truck. When I got to there, she still wasn’t in Memphis yet. So I threw all her crap into the garage and took off. I went home to get ready to go out.

I headed to the Blue Monkey on Madison (the only standing one). There I met up with Lil’ Lloyd, Duchess Les, Duchess Jana, Queen Laura and her consort, Duchess Jana’s roommate Ashley, and two folks who work with D. Les. I had a few Coronas before the band started. THEY SUCKED. The drummer was that big guy with the curly white hair that was in the old Thursday night band, but the rest of the band was new. The singer chick reminded me of Winona Judd on a bender. The keyboarder looked like a washed up former Cars or Talking Heads member. The guitarist, well he wasn’t that impressive. They were just playing mellow stuff. I think they were just a bunch of washed up former hippies trying to get one last flashback before their bastard kids throw them into a third rate nursing home.

Was that a little harsh? Sorry, but they killed our table. I mean we were starting to really get to know the folks we didn’t and have a good time, but they were too loud and too boring. I think “buzzkill” was the word I used last night. It was so bad I had to leave. Nothing really exciting happened so I didn't get any pics from the bar. Sorry, but none of you want to see people just sitting around the table.

Oh yeah, I saw my friend Alisha there. She was with a bday party for the "most annoying man on the earth". Oh yeah, he is also the king of c-b's (he can c-b himself!). Quick story to explain his title: last summer I gave this guy a ride from my party to his car down the street (just over a mile away). As we walked out these two dorks were talking ahead of us. They said "what a bunch of tools. How stupid was that? A Hawaii 5-0 theme!" I said "Yeah, it would have been a lot cooler if we had just gone and gotten our faces all pierced up like you, huh? Get the F outta my party now!" The most annoying man just walked along and laughed. The next week I heard he was going around telling everyone that I was too drunk to drive but I did anyway and he had to restrain me from fighting. Both things were wrong. Apparently he takes stories and exaggeraes the hell out of them like that. I'll be the first to admit that I have driven when I shouldn't have in college. Now though, I'll take a cab if I shouldn't drive. So whatever.

Anyway, off that crap. I had fun last night except for the band. Thanks to Duchess Les for the invite.

What am I doing this weekend? Well I would go see Super T at the UClub tonight if I didn't have to get up at 6 tomorrow morning and drive my grandmother to my brother's graduation. Tomorrow night I am going out for Kellie Ann's going away party. Sunday is Mother's Day. I'm sure I'll come up with more things to do, but for now, I am just going to work and not worry about it.

Songs on the Playlist:
Black Sabbath – Paranoid
Brooks & Dunn – Hard Workin’ Man
O.A.R. – Delicate Few
The Grateful Dead – St. Stephen
The Doors – Love Her Madly
Eric Clapton – Hound Dog
Widespread Panic – Climb To Safety
Bush – Monkey
The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
George Strait - The Chair
The Grateful Dead - Little Red Rooster

1 comment:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Aha! So you DO hang out with royalty! ;)

Well, now you got me wanting barbeque! :) We have a local place here called "Fat Boys" that has some kick ass b-b-q! I'll have to suggest it to The PK tonight for dinner.

Have a great weekend! :)

 
eXTReMe Tracker