5/15/2006

Weekend Recap without pics (thanks Blogger)

Note: there are pics to go with this, but Blogger is effing up and I can't get the pics uploaded. Thanks Blogger. I had a few great ones too.

It’s time for the weekend recap. Why haven’t I put it up yet? Because I was going to take a ton of the pics and crop them to make them look better. But hey, I spent my Sunday doing other stuff. And I don’t have Photoshop or Picassa at work. So the few pics I put up will be the unedited ones. I know I won’t have time to do it tonight because I’m going to work late and then go to the gym.

Friday I worked late. I probably left the office just before 6PM. I knew I had to get up at 6AM so I declined all invitations to go out. Of course I passed up the invite to the Super T show at the UClub. I heard from various sources that it was just ok. There was also a rumor floating around that I was going to Raiford’s after the show. Let’s see, that was a 1AM phone call. Where was I? In bed trying to sleep. What was the rumor? I had been at the UClub and I was already headed down to Riaford’s to meet up with everyone. Yea, I don’t think so. I haven’t been to Raiford’s since November. The last time before that, the “world’s biggest asshole/cokehead” had a group of us there. He convinced us to let him get the VIP room and after we got it, he told us to pay up $40 each. Then he tried to get us to take the Raiford’s limo back to Beale. I don’t like going to Raiford’s. It is overrated unless you have a hot dance partner to take with you. (now you partly understand why I don’t like to go to Raiford’s).

I also got a call inviting me down to Silky’s on Beale St. I had to decline that one unfortunately. That would have been fun though.

Why is it that the nights I am staying in to get up early on Saturdays, people want to know what the hell I'm doing? I'm not complaining. I just think it's funny.

At 3:30AM the roommate came home. I heard what sounded like a herd of women in high heels walking on the hardwood floors. Obviously it woke me up. I tried to go back to sleep, but they were pretty loud. Then nature called so I threw a shirt on and headed to the bathroom. For some reason they were standing in the hallway: two girls and the roommate. In my groggy state, I said “morning” and walked into the bathroom. When I walked out, one of the girls was all into the roommate and the other was smiling at me. I was tired. She was kinda cute, but I wasn’t ready to have the drunk girl/sober guy conversation. She wasn’t cute enough to make it worth the trouble. I just went back to bed. Then the herd of women in high heels left with the roommate.

About three hours later my alarm went off. I needed another few hours of sleep, but I wasn't going to get them. I got to my grandmother’s house around 7 to go to Ole Miss graduation for the brother, but of course she was running late.

We got to Oxford and the graduation was delayed an hour due to rain. It finally let up and everything was great. Here is a pic of myself, the brother, and the sister in front of the Grove after commencement. I’m pretty proud of him for this.

(this is where the first pic would be)

After graduation we went to my other grandparents’ house. Had a late lunch and a few bottles of champagne. I looked at my watch at five till 5. I remembered I had to be at Lolo’s downtown at 7PM. I grabbed my grandmother, threw her in her car, and went ‘boogedy-boogedy-boogedy’ up I-55 to Memphis (that’s a Nascar term for those of you not in the know). I dropped her off. On the way up I got an invite to preparty at Duchess Jana’s crib on Main St. Great apartment, great view. After a glass of wine, we went to Lolo’s Table where I saw RD and Kat. Hung out for a while, said hi to Kellie Ann (who will be missed), and left. Because of UNrepeatable drama that was going down at Lolo’s, I raced out to go to Newby’s. I had been texted by Duchess Les to meet up with her and a few friends. I got there early and had a few coronas and an order of tots. A little while later Duchess Les and her two friends showed up. One was Amanda and I can’t remember the guy’s name. He was pretty cool. He’s getting his masters at Mississippi State. Despite that, he was a pretty cool guy. Here’s a pic of Amanda, a really hot guy, and Duchess Les.

(here is where a pic of yours truly with two lovely ladies would be)

I had a few more coronas and then we switched to Rockstars (bad idea). I remember being asked to save the cups so they could take them home. Bad idea. I know I had Rockstars as did Les and Amanda. I remember at the end of the night they had about 6-8 cups between the two of them (we had a few on the band side too that weren’t in the fancy cups). Here is a pic of one of my Rockstars from the band side. It was really stout. The pic makes it look like there’s more Rockstar than Vodka, but trust me I actually winced when I took a sip. It was awesome.

(here would be a pic of my hand with a drink)

Oh yeah, we caught Tishamingo (or Tishaminga). They rock. I’ve heard about them through the music scene for a while, but never really had any desire to see them. I am glad I went. They remind me of the Allman Brothers in their sound, but with more of a Mississippi feel. I really enjoyed myself. They finished and I got home around 2:30AM.

(here would be a pic of the band)

I woke up at 9 Sunday for no reason and couldn’t go back to sleep. I watched TV but there wasn’t anything good on. I basically wasted Sunday morning and early afternoon napping, eating, and watching TV. I went to my parent’s house for Mother’s Day. I got home about halfway through Grey’s Anatomy. I watched the second half of the episode so I have no idea what’s going on between Christina & Burk. Other than that I picked up everything. Anyone want to give me a little detail about what I missed, I’d appreciate it.

Remember how I said that things were lining up in weird ways, I wasn’t joking. Saturday night was full of drama, anxiety, and a ton of fun. I have to say it was a pretty good weekend.

Songs on the Playlist:
O.A.R. – Night Shift>Stir It Up
Billy Squier – Everybody Wants You
Jimmy Buffett – Jimmy Dreams
Widespread Panic – Wondering
Pat Green – 1-900-Lover
‘Irish Drinking Songs’ – Drink and Fight
The Who – Love Reign O’er Me
Judas Priest – You Got Another Thing Coming
The Grateful Dead – Truckin’
Jack Johnson – Fortunate Fool
INXS – Pretty Vegas
The Rolling Stones – Prodigal Son
Def Leppard – Let’s Get Rocked
Jet – Come Around Again

6 comments:

BOB said...

Dude, Christina fell asleep while having sex with Burke like two episodes ago. Get with the program, man!!

So, yeah. Burke's pissed.

Philip said...

I thought it was something new.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

She was kinda cute, but I wasn’t ready to have the drunk girl/sober guy conversation. She wasn’t cute enough to make it worth the trouble.

You crack me up with statements like that! ;)

Well, you actually had some "down" time this weekend (Sunday morning???) First time in a while, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Fun times, yes indeedy. Except for that "ex-rated" scare and all. I agree, you do tend to attract the drama. Oh yea, and don't ever let RD talk you into going to Windjammer!

MG said...

People are nosey, that's why.

The visual I got when you said you threw your grandmother in the car was reminiscent of the scene in Wedding Singer where the limo driver guy is trying to qualify as the driver for her wedding and throws the dummies in...

Rockstars huh? ...never had one.

Pretty Vegas, I think I need that song.

Philip said...

Stacy - Honesty is always the best policy. Yeah it was nice.

Kat - You don't even know all the story. Be glad. I'm glad I got out when I did though. The evening turned out very well.
I knew better than to ever go to the windjammer.

MG - I don't think it's that people are nosy. I think it's just a clash of social schedules and people want me to hang with them.
I just about did that with the grandmother. I was doing 85 all the way up I-55. Fun stuff.

 
eXTReMe Tracker