7/05/2007

Great America!

Happy 5th of July yall. I tried to put this up yesterday, but I was having technical difficulties.

I hope you had a relaxing 4th of July. I did. I'd like to show a few things that make this great nation, well, great. It's mostly pics that I've been meaning to post but haven't taken the opportunity, but I'm only using the pics that show great things here in the good ol' U. S. of A.

First we have girls wearing low-cut jeans.
Another great thing about America is George Thorogood and the Destroyers doing "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" at Music Fest.Another thing that makes America great are tribute bands like this one. Appetite for Destruction played at Newby's not long ago. They are always a great show. Here's "Axl" doing the beginning of "Patience."
Here's when the rest of the band jumped in. Americans playing as their favorite rockers and covering awesome American rock songs. God Bless the USA!
Another great thing about America is its other genres of music like country. Here's a few pics of Robert Earl Keen playing a great show at the New Daisy two weeks back. He started with a cowboy hat (never seen him do that) and later played "Merry Christmas from the Family." He even said he never does that outside of the holiday season.
Here they are jamming out during a song after a quick break.A great thing is when you get to meet some of your favorite artists. I actually got to meet REK after the show and got a pic with him. I had a pic from a show a few years ago but DP never gave me a copy. He claims he did, but I don't recall it and don't have it. So I was happy to get this pic.

I hope you had a great 4th of July. Have a good one and don't get none on ya.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker