7/23/2008

Changes in Culinary

Man I hope I spelled that right.

One of the things I've noticed in changing from working in Bordova (Cordova) to working in Corn Flake (Horn Lake) is the change in lunch options. I found some real jewels while I was in Bordova. One place that I already miss is Vanelli's Deli in Germantown (the only actual link I could find was their myspace page). I highly recommend it if you are ever in the area. They have a modest menu with a few options, but what they have is fantastic. I usually get the #1 sandwich (I think it's "the ami"). Or I would get the chef salad with their own Italian dressing. They also make real Italian dishes you can take home and heat. I haven't tried any of them personally, but I have heard they are amazing.

Now, I have found/been lead to some great places that are unique to Horn Lake. They are especially good if you don't want to deal with the traffic and chain restaurants. One place is Ponders (can't find anything on web really). It is a cafeteria with good southern/soul food. You can only go there so often because you tend to eat all that you can. Well at least I do.

I am going to do a little more investigating of the Horn Lake area and (when I feel brave) will venture into Southaven to see if I can find any gems there too.

Have a good one and don't get none on ya.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker