2/01/2006

Louis - "How Extravagant you are throwing away women like that. One day they may be scarce."

Ok, the other day I made a promise to make a mix for someone based on my soundtrack from my early years of college. She wants a mix based on my early college years. I have decided to give her an autobiographical soundtrack from my early years. These are the songs that I remember (in no particular order):
Widespread Panic - Airplane, Can't Get High, Til The Medicine Takes (album)
Kid Rock - Cowboy, Batwitababa
Limp Bizkit - Nookie, N 2 Gether Now
Palo Alto - Naked Sorority Girls
Shaggy - It Wasn't Me, Angel
Charlie Mars Band - Broken Arrow
Fatboy Slim
Eminem - My Name Is, Guilty Conscience
The Gourds - Gin & Juice
Better Than Ezra - Desperately Wanting
O.A.R. - Crazy Game of Poker

I know there have to be other songs, but I have scrolled through my old cds and I can't find anything else off the top of my head. I'll look through again, but it is weird looking back through my old mixes. I hope to find a better way to complete my mix than looking through my current crop of old mixes. I hope to find them.

By the way, I forgot it's TCM's 31 days of Oscar. I landed on the channel earlier for the very end of the African Queen. Great film. Now Casablanca is starting. Thank the Lord, because there are only reruns on TV. Great South Park episode though: "Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow." This is the episode where Cartman and Stan cause a flood in a town and everyone in South Park blames everything under the sun except the actual boys who did it even after they confess. Anywho, you need to turn on to TCM.
Speaking of Casablanca, they just showed Rick for the first time and he is drinking champagne from the old style of glass. Not the flute, but I believe the punch glass?
FYI: The title of this post has nothing to do with the post other than the fact it is one of my favorite lines from Casablanca.

Ok, I'm not going to bore you anymore. Have a wonderful evening.


Quote of the Post (from Casablanca):
Yvonne - "Where were you last night?"
Rick - "That was so far back, I don't remember."
Yvonne - "Will I see you tonight?"
Rick - "I never make plans that far ahead."

Songs on the Playlist:
Jimmy Buffett - Bank of Bad Habits
The Cars - Just What I Needed
Jack Johnson - Flake
Eric Clapton - Alberta (unplugged, great song!)
Jerry Jeff Walker - Don't It Make You Wanna Dance
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Double Trouble
ZZ Top - La Grange
Talking Heads - (Nothing But) Flowers
Third Eye Blind - Never Let You Go
David Bowie/Queen - Under Pressure
Third Eye Blind - Jumper
Earth Wind & Fire - Celebrate
Widespread Panic - Climb to Safety

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker