2/15/2006

Zydeco Fest 2006

Here is the official listing for Zydeco Fest from the Beale Street Merchants Association:

Club 152 (where they have metal detector wands apparently now)
Nathan & The Zydeco Cha Chas – (7:00 – 10:30)
Alfred's
Samo’ 2 Step w/ Lil’ Guyland Leday-(6:30-10:30)
Wet Willie's
Curley Taylor and Zydeco Trouble – (10:00 –1:00)
New Daisy
Curley Taylor and Zydeco Trouble – (7:00 – 9:00)
Dennis Stroughmatt and Creole Stomp-(10:00-12:00)
Blues Hall
Delta Highway - (8:30 – 12:30)
Silky's
Roy Carrier (9:30 – 1:00)
Pat O'Briens
Cedryl Ballou - (9:30 – 1:30)
Tap Room
Thomas “The Big Hat Man” Fields & his Foot Stompin’ Zydeco Band – (8:00-12:00)
B.B. King's
Dora & The Zydeco Badboyz (7:30 – 11:30)
King's Palace Cafe
T. Broussard & the Zydeco Hot Steppers- (9:00-1:00)
Rum Boogie Cafe
Willis Prudhomme & Zydeco Express- (9:00-1:00)
Blues City Cafe
Corey & Zydeco Embrace- (10:00 –2:00)
Handy Park
Dennis Stroughmatt & Creole Stomp – (6:00 – 9:00)

That's the line up. When I went two years ago, we stayed at Rum Boogie the whole time or ran to the bar right next to it. Course I was so into the whole vibe that I didn't pay attention to what the bar is. And the last time I was on Beale I went to either Silky's or Pat O's. So I don't know where I'm going. I don't know any of these bands by name, but who needs to? I don't know who all is going with us, but I'm sure it'll be a nice group. Mike the Cordova recluse might actually come out with us. If so, I'll have to take a pic of that.

Until later kiddies

Songs on the Playlist:
The Who - Shakin' All Over (live at leeds version)
The Rolling Stones - Dead Flowers
Led Zeppelin - Your Time Is Gonna Come
The Rolling Stones - Mother's Little Helper
Bob Dylan - Idiot Wind

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for posting this, by the way.

 
eXTReMe Tracker