2/15/2006

Well Crap

I was going to post something interesting tonight. But now I can't remember what it was. How did I forget this? Well glad you asked. My roommate just told me that he has decided to move out at the end of this month. Basically our lease is up at the end of this month. He found another guy to move in with. I can't go into details about his profession or anything like that, because it is not my place to do so. But long story short, he is taking his daily commute from 15-20 minutes up to at least 45 minutes. That makes no sense to me.

When I first moved home from college, I lived at home with the 'rents and a sister who was still in high school. That was fine...for three months. Then opportunity came knocking and I decided to move out and in with David (there, are you happy? you made the blog again). I lived there near Southwind from December until April. I moved to Midtown and have been in three apartments in Midtown ever since. Sorry but I really don't want to move back to G'town. To explain how this relates to the commute discussion earlier, here are the daily travel times (in rush hour) from my residence to work (same job the whole time):

G'town: 45-50 minutes (during construction along Nonconnah and along I-240)
Southwind: 40-45 minuts (ditto)
First Midtown Apartment: 15-20 minutes
Second Midtown Apt: ditto (just down the street actually)
Current Midtown Apt: 12-15 minutes with hardly any traffic at all

Ok, I know the construction is gone on Nonconnah and I-240 near Mt Moriah, Perkins, Getwell, etc. I actually had to go to East Memphis the other day for an errand just after work. What happened? I was to Poplar & Ridgeway in like 20 minutes. Much faster than it used to be. I was impressed, but still. I love my folks, but I have been in Midtown too long and my independent spirit just won't let me move home. EVEN IF I will say a shitload of money (which would be nice). Plus my social life and friend base are in the midtown/downtown/east memphis area. That's another factor that keeps me here. Plus who wants to drive home from the bar into G'town anyway? And where am I gonna keep all the junk I've accumulated?

Oh too many questions going through my head. I've got too much to think about. And I've been running all this through my head for the last hour and half. I think I'm going to bed.


Just so you won't think this post is a complete waste and a rent, here is a great pic I took of our fireplace at the duckhouse. It is the best fire place that I have ever seen. It is a thousand times better than the one mom and dad have at home. It is probably 2 feet wide by 3 feet tall by 2 feet deep. In the coldest part of winter, I can build a fire in it that will make you step outside into the chill with a tshirt on. It was built in the 50s we think. Great old house in the country. It is a beautiful picture. I hope you enjoy it.






Songs on the Playlist:
Tenacious D - Tribute to the Best Song in the World
Phish - Weekapaug Groove
Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused
The Grateful Dead - Casey Jones
Hank Williams - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker