4/16/2006

Complete Recap (very friggin long)

Ok, the last thing I posted was the fact that I did go to see Shooter Jennings at the Deli. And it was awesome. The roommate was covered up with beautiful women at the rooftop party. I was not at the Deli. But I had one hell of a time. So in the end that makes up for it.

Normally I go to shows and either like them or love them. I loved this show. How awesome was it? Bad ass. So great I actually bought his new cd, Electric Rodeo. It is awesome. Very Southern Rock/Country mix. I remember at the show he said all these cool things and sang all these cool songs, but I didn't post them the next day and now I've forgotten them. One thing I do remember is I kept thinking how the bass player reminded me of Jimmy Page. Like in the early Zeppelin years. It was funny to me. Whatever.

But the next time Shooter Jennings comes around town, I'm going. No questions. In case you haven't seen Walk the Line or do know what Shooter looks like if you have seen it, here's a pic: So that was Thursday night. Friday was work and then going to bed early. Why because I went fishing on Saturday. Why did I behave myself? Because I had to be at HM's house at 6 in the morning. His buddies from college Big Mike and O brought a boat and we were all over the lake. So Friday night, I came home and tore apart my room looking for a DU comittee shirt that we got last year that is basically a fly-fishing shirt. I was going to wear that, but I never found it. So I went to Bass Pro Shop off I40 to buy a new one. I bought two and a new pair of fisherman's shorts. They are awesome. The next morning as I took a shower before running out of the house, I realized that I was making a rookie mistake. I'm going to a lake to fish with an entirely new outfit. Wow. That stills sounds lame when I typed it. Oh well F that. I looked good and I had fun. What else do I care?

Here are two great pics I took before we got on the water:



So we were on the water between 7:15 and 7:30. We didn't get off the water until about 2. We had a great time, but the wind was gusting from 20 to 30 mph so there were only a few places we could go where we weren't being beaten to death by the waves and wind. And of course those areas only had fish smaller than 10 inches (don't ask how we measured) or garr (spelling?). If you don't know what a garr is, imagine a fish left over from the dinosaur times. Think about that:

teeth, attitude, will bite off any bit of you it can, doesn't take good.

Sounds a lot like your ex-wife/ex-husband doesn't it? Fortunately we never had a hook in a garr well enough to get it to the boat. So afterwards we went to fish off the piers there for about an hour. After 5 minutes I was bored so I grabbed a lawn chair and walked up the hill to some shade under a magnolia and took a nice nap until the bugs started messing with me. We fished there for a while, packed up, went to the bait shop to get some fried chicken for lunch, and headed home. I finally got to my house a little before 5. I walked in, put up my stuff, and hit St. Mattress like a ton of bricks. I slept until about 6:30. Then I got up and went to...

The Redbirds first win of the season. Hell yeah baby. Of course first pitch was at 6:05 and I got there in the top of the 6th inning. I had one beer. A 12 ounce beer for $7. Yeah SEVEN DOLLARS. And after I found everyone and chatted a few minutes, I headed back to get some BBQ nachos and they had just closed the stand. WTF! I was really craving those. Fortunately there was one concession place open and I ordered A corndog and was handed TWO corndogs. Oh well, sounds like a good time and it was.

After the game a few of us headed over to Silky's on Beale St. I got a few pics. This is Sloan, Zac, and Ross. Sloan and Ross are engaged and the big day is in a few weeks. Congrats to them. They are two of the coolest, laid back folks you will ever meet.

Oh yeah, as soon as we got there, Zac ordered a friggin' diver for the table. Thanks buddy. This one girl with us ordered a Red Bull and Vodka and told us it was $10. I had two and my tab was $18.50. Either the waitress liked me more than her or...I don't know what.
We saw the goat up on the slide at one point. I decided to act like a tourist and take it's picture. I tried it without the flash and with the flash. It never turned out right, but there were these two glowing eyes in each pic. I pulled up the best pic on the computer today and edited it to get this:
I think Silky's damn goat is possessed or something. Plus it is the size of a buick. That thing is HUGE. The girl with us who had the "$10" Red Bull and Vodka swore it was a cross between a donkey and a goat at least. Someone asked if that was because it was hung like a donkey, but she declined to answer. We finally decided to give it the scientific name "Be-Donka-Donk". We are going to publish that in a scientific journal next week so don't steal that. I want to retire before I turn 27.

OH! There was this band outside (as always), but we noticed one of the singers had an interesting hair thang going on. It turned out to be a rat tail. No, he was not a white dude in a 80s cover band. He was a black guy in a soul/rnb cover band. Look at the pic (I forgot to crop it), you can see it going almost halfway down his back.

Ok, so I left Silky's about 12 and headed home. I'm glad I did because there were only three people remaining in the group. Two guys and a girl. And they went to E&H and then Newby's. I got a call from one of them today at 5:30 and he sounded like the black plague had him.

Today I went to Church at the 9am service in the new seersucker suit. It was pimp with a white shirt and green/blue tie (depending on the light, sounds weird, but really sharp). I was there with the family and EVERY SNEEZING COUGHING CHILD IN THE WORLD. But there were so many cute little kids who had the Easter outfits one. It was pretty cool. For a minute I actually wondered what it was like to be a proud father carrying my child through the Church on Easter Sunday. Then I snapped back to reality and thought back to who the mother could have been had I already married and had a child at this age. I quickly thanked God for unanswered prayers (and Garth Brooks for that song). I'm not saying anything bad about ANY of my exes, but none of them were "the one" and I'm glad I realized that with each one.

After Church I raced home, changed, and went to the folks' house for Easter lunch/bday lunch for the brother. That was great. I came home and have done laundry and cleaned ever since besides watching the Sopranos and What about Brian? Those were both good shows.

Wow it's 11:21. I'm going to bed.

Later

7 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

You've been busy!!!

Wish I could say the same!!! Although I would KILL for some extra sleep!

Think I'll go to bed tonight at around 5:30 in the afternoon...;)

BOB said...

So, you ever see those big 'ole white men with beer guts the size of a nine-month old baby??? Apply that to goats, particularly, Silky's goat.

That goat probably has the best life ever. It gets fed free beer everyday, and all it has to do is shit and look pretty.

MG said...

very nice exhaustive recap.

I loved the pics on the water....

Philip said...

Stacy - Yea I had a busy but fun weekend.

Charly - I live in the South. I go hunting and fishing in Arkansas and Mississippi. I see men with beer guts the size of twins. And Silky's goat still put it to shame.

MG - Gracias. Those were the two best ones. I'm going to frame the one of the guy in the boat and give it to my friend who owns the land.

Hibelu - No, just a lot of sleep and determination make up for it. And Red Bull/Vodkas help you through the night.

Anonymous said...

Put The O Back in Country is better than Electric Rodeo by far. Check it out if you havent listened to it.

Philip said...

Will do. I love this cd so much already.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say thanks for your well wishes.

I'm hibelu BTW. I think you knew that.

K

 
eXTReMe Tracker