4/05/2006

What Title?

Is anyone else really tired of those truth.com commercials? Usually I watch most shows after they’ve aired on my Tivo (when I had Directv) or on the dvr. The beauty with that is I don’t have to watch those damn commercials, infomercials, and other wastes of time. But last night I was watched The Daily Show and then the Colbert Report (pronounced “Colber Repor”). During the Daily Show, there was one of those damn truth.com commercials. I don’t know why but I just got pissed off. I know smoking is bad for you. So don’t beat me over the head with it. Get over yourself, you righteous pricks! Sorry buy those damn commercials really get to me.

And now I’m going to rant about something else too: You know cigarettes will cause cancer. You smoke anyway. Then when you’re an old man/woman, you get lung/mouth/throat cancer and decide to sue the Tobacco companies. Did you get logic cancer too or were you born an f’ing idiot? Think about it, you knowingly buy their product to put smoke into your lungs even though for hundreds of years people have gotten cancer and tuberculosis from smoking. You still get sick and decide to sue the tobacco companies. You are retarded.

Here’s a little disclaimer: I was born in ’79 so I don’t know if the tobacco companies did actually advertise that cigarettes were healthy back in the ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s. But if you thought they were, you had to be pretty gullible.

Let me say this: the Tobacco companies put out a product and advertised it. They sold an image that would promote their products in a sexy/hip/cool light like any other product in the world. You buy it and use it even though there are health warning ON THE BOX. You get cancer and sue the same Tobacco companies. Wow, you must have made a perfect score on every test in high school.

I have an idea! Why don’t you go buy a baseball bat, beat your legs until you are crippled, and sue the sporting goods store for damages incurred. That makes as much sense.

Some of you who know me well, may say “well, you smoke cigars, Philip. Isn’t that a little hypocritical of you to criticize these people?” No, it’s not. I smoke cigars probably once every few months. And I’m not going to sue the tobacco companies if I get lung cancer. It can be any number of causes that would hypothetically given me cancer. Of course, I won’t date a girl who smokes cigarettes, so does that make me a hypocrite? Probably. But I don’t light up a cigar every day and if I did, I wouldn’t try to kiss her until after I used a little mouth wash. I don’t like kissing an ashtray.

Ok, I’m done bitching about that. Get back to work.

Songs on the Playlist:
ZZ Top – Cheap Sunglasses
The Grateful Dead – Attics of my Life
Stevie Ray Vaughan – Tin Pan Alley (AKA Roughest Place in Town)
The Grateful Dead – Tennessee Jed
Nirvana – Polly
Neil Young – Rockin’ In The Free World
Talking Heads – (Nothing But) Flowers
Bob Dylan – Tangled Up In Blue
Better Than Ezra – Desperately Wanting
Tom Petty – Running Down a Dream
Third Eye Blind – Semi Charmed Life
Aerosmith – Amazing
Aerosmith - Angel

1 comment:

Nononononono said...

Good point.

Sort of like crack. People know it is bad for them, yet they still do it.

I don't smoke crack, or use tobacco products (anymore), but I think people should be able to ruin their bodies without government interference. Natural selection at it's finest.

Remember, your tax dollars paid for a crappy commercial that reminds you smoking is bad.

kthx.

 
eXTReMe Tracker