4/04/2006

The Playlist Thang

Ok, I feel I should explain this playlist thing. I like to have music playing all the time. That does not include crappy radio stations like 104.5FM the River here in Memphis. I have to listen to it on the intercom here at work and I hate that station. Anyway, I like to share good music with my friends so I thought I’d throw in my playlists with my posts. I thought it would be something that some of you might enjoy. I included it since day one as much as I can. Today someone posted a comment that asked about this morning’s playlist. Which made me realize that some might wonder “How do I come up with these playlists?” Simple.

On my work computer I have about 11 gigs of song. Most are albums that I ripped with Musicmatch Jukebox. So I go through my library and add all the songs under certain artists. Once I get all the artists I want added to the playlist, I’ll click the random sort button and let musicmatch put them in a random order. That way I never know what’s coming next. It does piss me off when I get the same artist three songs in a row. Right now I am on song #455 (Jimmy Buffett – Margaritaville live) out of 2579. I've been working on this particular playlist for several days. I probably won't get to the end of it before I redo it. I put the playlist on very low in the background at work and just tune in and out depending on what’s going on.

At home I have more music on my laptop. To make those playlists, I’ll just grab a few songs I want to hear and throw those on. I don’t spend as much time on my computer at home as I do at work so it is a less random playlist.

There’s your little peak into the window to the insanity that is my mind.
Have a great day

Songs on the Playlist:
Robert Earl Keen – Feelin’ Good Again
Dave Matthews Band – Don’t Drink the Water (Vh1 Storytellers)
Roger Creager – Love
Jimi Hendrix – Love Or Confusion
Nirvana – Pennyroyal Tea
Dave Matthews Band - #41
Barenaked Ladies – One Week
Widespread Panic – Sympathy for the Devil (cover)
Willie Nelson – Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
Steppenwolf – Born to be Wild
The Grateful Dead – New, New Minglewood Blues
ACDC – Back In Black
Jimmy Buffett – Sea of Heartbreak
Jimmy Buffett – Knees of My Heart
Stone Temple Pilots – Vasoline
The Grateful Dead – Truckin’
Hank Williams Jr – Women I’ve Never Had
Johnny Cash – Busted (Live at Folsom Prison)
The Rolling Stones – Prodigal Son
Jimmy Buffett – Margaritaville (live with lost verse)
The Doors - Five To One
The Rolling Stones - Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing in the Shadows
Delbert McClinton - Everytime I Roll The Dice

2 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

What a wide range of music! I listen to lots of different genres too.

And there's a version of Margaritaville with a "lost" verse? Never heard it!

Philip said...

It's on his "Tuesdays, Thursday, and Saturdays" live album I think.

 
eXTReMe Tracker