6/07/2006

Happy Hump Day

Well morning kiddies. Do you know what hurts? My head. I went to Amerigos last night for a business dinner with reps and managers from one of our biggest suppliers. Dad had to go to the Memphi clubroom party for Carnival and I got to go. If you haven't ever been to Amerigos, I highly recommend it. And get the mussells for an appetizer. I friggin love them. By the way, if I mispell something, forgive me. I only have one working eye right now and it is a little bloodshot. We had several bottles of wine for the table and now I have a wine hangover. Not too bad, but it usually effects my eyes the worst.

So after the dinner I got home and crash like a ton of bricks. I was in a ridiculous deep sleep when I got a call from one of our lovely Ptolemy Duchesses. She shall remain nameless, but I'll refer to her as the "shady duchess." (that's no reflection on her as she is a great person. I just like calling her the Shady Duchess because she hates it.) Here is the conversation...as I remember it:

Shady Duchess: "HEEEEEEEEEY!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??"
Tired Sleepy Guy (Me): "I'm asleep. What's up?"
SD: "WHOOOOOOAAAA!!! WE'RE UP AT NEWBY'S YOU OUGHTA COME AND PARTY WITH US!!!"
TSG: "I'm asleep. It's 12:45. I have work in the morning. Thanks but no thanks."
SD: "OK, WELL CALL ME TOMORROW!!!"
TSG: *click*

I really thought about calling her this morning at 6:30 when I got up. But the last thing I need is a woman with a friggin tiara pissed off at me.

Do you know what's kinda cool? In the time it has taken me to type this, my hangover has floated away and now I can see out of both eyes. That's weird. It never happens like that. I usually have to hurt for several hours before I feel better. I guess I'm smarter than I realized (i.e. I turned down an after dinner drink to have water last night at dinner).

So what's on the schedule for the rest of the week? Ptolemy clubroom Thursday. We have a Caddyshack theme. Well that's the Politically Correct title. I prefer to call it by the original name:

"GOLF PROS AND TENNIS HOS"

How badass is that? I think I'm going to take it easy Friday night and get up at the ass crack of dawn to go fishing Saturday. But then again, the party bug may bite me and I'll blow off that idea. Depends on what goes down Thursday (i.e. how much I party). Saturday night is the Grand Carnival Ball, but I never really have fun at that. So I'll probably fish all day and go to bed early. I just hope they are biting this weekend.

Ok, I'm getting back to it. Have a good one and keep it sleezy on hump day.

Songs on the Playlist:
The Grateful Dead - Turn On Your Lovelight
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
Jimmy Buffett - Son of a Son of a Sailor

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

Happy Hump Day!
Sorry I missed your HNT last week, love the boots!
Happy HNT!

 
eXTReMe Tracker