6/29/2006

Wednesday Recap, Looking to the Weekend

If you are looking for the HNT post, it is the next one down. If you’re looking for the thing on Britney, it’s two down.

So last night…

I raced home from work to change for a funeral visitation. My grandmother’s best friend, Ann Clark Quinlen, passed away Sunday evening. She was such a sweet lady who had a huge impact on my life. The Lord broke the mold when He made her.

After the visitation, I bought the birthday gift, raced home, and changed. We were supposed to meet at 7:30 because the birthday girl, JD, was going to get to Ronnie Grisanti’s at 8 (it’s an Italian restaurant, kind of a Memphis staple; it’s gotten a little expensive in the last few years, but it’s still great food). I am usually fashionably late to most everything. For surprise parties, I try to be on time. I got there at 7:35. No one else was there. After a while people started showing up. I think the majority of the crowd was there around 8:15. We were eating all the breadsticks we could find while waiting on the birthday girl, who didn’t get there until like 9. And she thought she was meeting just a few girlfriends for dinner.

It ended up being a great time. One of the best birthday parties I’ve been to in a long time. She was legitimately surprised. I talked to the guy she’s dating (I don’t know how to qualify it) about guns and blowing stuff up. Despite the high number of women there, we brought a lot of testosterone to the table.

A bunch of people said funny quotes, but immediately after that, someone would always say “Hey, Philip, that should go in your blog!” So I would intentionally forget the quotes. I don't throw in things that are said just I'll post them. I don't like fake quotes. I like real, spur of the moment quotes that are genuinely funny. The only quote I remember is when I said “Man, I’ve had just enough to drink to be charming. I’m not invincible yet.
To which one of the girls (I think it was one of the three or four Ashley’s we had there) sarcastically replied “You’re charming?
I said, “No, I’ve had enough wine to be charming. That doesn’t mean I’m going to be to you.” Yeah, I thought it was funny at the time. Apparently I'd had enough wine and vodka to think I was funny.

Then these two girls tried to give Scottie Too Hottie and me a hard time for being on MySpace: “So we’ve been watching Dateline and all they talk about anymore is the pervs on MySpace. So how many 14 year old girls have you met? Hehe.
I think Scottie said something like “well that what I like about high school girls: I keep getting older, and they stay the same age.
I probably told her something smartassed and then ignored her. I don’t remember what it was. It probably wasn’t that funny. Or maybe I told her how I’ve been able to reconnect with friends from high school and college that I lost touch with. I think that’s what I said. Now I’m going to two weddings in July because of it. I think that’s what I said instead of my natural smartass response.

One of the Ashley's tried to be funny (MS State Ashley). She pointed at a painting on the wall. Everyone looked and she tried to grab my glass of wine because hers was empty. I snatched it away and asked what the hell she was doing. She said "you know, if you were my friend, you'd let me have your glass." I said "honey, I've got lots of friends. I don't need any that try to steal my drink." She tried to put on a pouty act and I started talking to someone else. Not two minutes later, her next drink showed up and she was happy again.

Anyways, I had a great time and I’m glad I got the invite. Here are a few pics from the evening.
Here is the birthday girl with AL.
Here we have the birthday girls with Scottie Too Hottie and a two lovely ladies. I think someone said something that made Scottie Too Hottie start to laugh. I have no idea what though.Here is the birthday girl with the hottest dude there.So what’s next on the agenda? A lot of partying and very little blogging. Which sounds like a good thing to me. I leave tomorrow morning for New Jersey. I’ll be there for the Jackster’s wedding. I fly back Sunday evening and will drive to the lake. I’ll relax at the lake Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday I’ll come back to work for a 3 day work week. And I have no idea what’s going on next week except I’m meeting Scottie Too Hottie for drinks one evening after work.

So if this turns out to be my last post until next week, have a great weekend, get you some strange, and don’t get none on ya.



Songs on the Playlist:
The Who – My Generation (Live at Leeds)
Garth Brooks – The Night Will Only Know
Cowboy Mouth – How Do You Tell Someone
Pink Floyd – Speak To Me > Breathe
Saliva – Click Click Boom
REM – Losing My Religion
Jimmy Buffett - Love In The Library Kiss - Got To Choose
Jimmy Buffett - He Went To Paris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

 
eXTReMe Tracker