7/19/2006

Minor League Props, What's Happening this week

So I was screwing around on CNN.com when I found this article on renewed interest in Minor League Ball parks. Here is what it says about Autozone Park here in lovely crime-free downtown Memphis:
AutoZone Park in Memphis, Tennessee, is steps from the renowned Peabody Hotel and two blocks from the music clubs on Beale Street.
The ballpark serves up barbecue nachos with pulled pork from a nearby rib joint. The smell of grilling ribs sometimes makes its way into the seats, said Kyle Parkinson, a spokesman for the Memphis Redbirds.

Pretty damn cool. And the only pic of a stadium (besides some kid at the top) is a view from the sky of Autozone Park. How cool is that?
Now I know I’m going to have to get BBQ Nachos tomorrow night at the Redbirds game. Why am I going? Because the Ptolemy July Happy Hour is at the Redbirds game tomorrow. We’ll be behind the right field area like last year when we ate, drank, and had a great time hanging out. Of course, I’m going to drink more water than beer this year. It’s over 100 degrees outside. For those of you who don’t habla ingles, that means it’s friggin’ hot. We’re not talking 100 degrees like out west. No, we have a thing here called humidity. If you’re not from here, it’ll knock you on your ass. If you are from here, well you know how to deal with it: stay inside where the factory air is.

So what else is going on? I’m heading to the lake this weekend. Tonight I have two shows I want to see. The first is Walrus at the Brookhaven Pub. They always put on a badass show. Then there is this band called Creech Holler is playing at Murphy’s in Midtown. I found them through life according to jag. Their MySpace page says their style is Roots Music/Country/Blues. I've heard a few songs of theirs. Pretty cool stuff. It’ll be a nice change from the 80s sounds of Walrus. So which show will I see you at?


Item Next! I've been meaning to talk about this for some time, but I never get to it. I've been watching the tracker on this blog and over the last few days to a week now, my reader numbers have almost doubled. It's pushed my average daily readers from 64 per day to 69 per day. That doesn't sound like a big movement, but that is the average of readers per day since April 20. That's three months. And now BAM! I'm getting tons of new readers. So to you new readers, WELCOME.
But I wonder where do you come from? How do you get here? I checked the tracker on the search results that led people here. These are kinda normal:
mpact memphis "paul ryburn"
dilana supernova rockstar
rockstar supernova lukas
ghetto fashion
memphis lakehouse
These are all things that I talk about. But then there are some things that must be mixtures of words from different posts:
married ladies looking for sex in southaven ms
modeling in memphis tennessee for babies
So to the readers who found me while looking for modeling acts for their kids while they are looking to cheat on their spouse down in Southaven, Welcome you freaks!

Now, yall remember about the ghost writing opportunity. You have until July 31 to get your story in.

Ok, I'm getting out of here so I can get to the gym and go out tonight after dinner. Have a good one and don't get none on ya.

Songs on the Playlist:
Jimmy Buffett - The Great Filling Station Holdup
Robert Earl Keen - Dreadful Selfish Crime
The Clash - I Fought The Law
Widespread Panic - Sex Machine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
eXTReMe Tracker