8/08/2006

Rockstar Tuesday 8/8/06 Spoiler

Ok, I watched the internet show at rockstar.msn.com and here's a spoiler about what a few of your favorite rockers will be singing. They didn't show all the songs or say who got what, but this is what I do know:

Available songs
Mott the Hoople - "All The Young Dudes" (originally written by David Bowie)
This is a classic song from the 70s back in the androgenous (sp?) rocker era. You know when you couldn't tell if Bowie was trying to be a girl or boy.

Radiohead - "Creep"
Great ballad from this band back in the mid to late 90s. If you don't know this song, slap yourself for me.

John Lennon - "Instant Karma"
Ok, let me take that last comment about slapping yourself if you don't know "Creep" and apply it to this song instead.

The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again" ...with Gilby Clarke on guitar
A classic. If you don't know this, go out and buy The Who's Greatest Hits album right now. Then drive to Memphis. We'll meet at a bar. I'll buy you a beer while we listen to it. Once the song is over, I'll slap the taste out of your mouth for not knowing that damn song.

So who got what? Well, Dilana found the songs and after looking through them, brought them to the rest of the group. The only real picking they showed was Dilana saying she wanted "Won't Get Fooled Again" and no one else going for it. I like how Ryan Star said that this is a show full of great singers and not great strategists. I agree. He went on to say that if Dilana kills this performance she can run away with the show and win it all. Guess what, Dilana got it.

Dilana sat outside smoking a cigarette with Lukas Rossi. She convinced Lukas to sing the ballad "Creep":
"They (Supernova, I mean 'Tommy Lee's Unit') wanted to hear you with a ballad. You can make it yours, man." They went back inside and Lukas took it. They later showed a few clips of him practicing. You can hear his voice struggling over and over. That may be risky. Let's hope he can bring it.

Patrice Pike got "Instant Karma". Let's hope she does well and doesn't end up in the bottom three again.

That's all I've got for now. I'm going to head to the gym. If I don't get to the recap after the show tonight, I'll do it in the morning.

Have a good one and remember:
"Camo thongs are so you don't see her coming"
Thanks Kevin. That's a great line.

1 comment:

MG said...

yes, very good line, i'm waiting on your recap ;)

 
eXTReMe Tracker