1/29/2007

American Idol

I'm going to just say it. I don't like American Idol. I watched the first episode of the first season. A few weeks after that some friends tried to make me watch it. I made it through five minutes. It was at that moment I lost all plausible interest in American Idol. Since then I've had to hear about how talented all the contestants were and how wonderful the show is. Yada yada yada.

The show sucks. It's full of people who although they can sing, they don't write their own music. It's nothing more than over-blown karaoke. It is more a marketing machine to make money off the idiots who'll spend the $2 per text on thousands of votes based (usually) not on talent but on the demographic of their favorite contestant ("she's from the Midwest, just like me! I'll vote for her!").

Frankly it is the cultural dumbing-down of America. There are talented people in bands traveling across the country and starving trying to get people to hear their music, yet these no-talent ass-clowns get to sing and dance. Yes, I'll admit that the eventual winners and runners-up are talented singers. But I still feel (in my opinion) that they aren't as good as some of the starving artists out there who actually have something to say (and can read, Fantasia or whatever your name is).

Anywho, I just felt like I needed to share that with you.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker