1/21/2007

Weekend Recap

So this weekend, I went to duck camp. Left town after swimming laps at the downtown YMCA. It's actually a nice facility. Better than I thought it would be. Anywho, I rolled into town and unloaded the truck. "Crap Game" had a few of his friends from the Gulf Coast in town to hunt for the weekend. I opened a beer and was walking to the fire place when one of them handed me a raw oyster with cocktail sauce (ketchup & horseradish) on a saltine. Then they had boiled shrimp. That started the roller coaster of amazing courses of food. After that we had, oysters rockefeller followed by fresh jambalaya.

A few of the guys that were in town were from Iowa and Wisconsin. They had never had jambalaya before. They loved it. Actually they had never had Cajun andouille sausage either. They were blown away by it. We stayed up a little while and then crashed a little after 10. We got up and headed to the duck blind. We got 4 ducks total (two of which were mine from walking along the levee). We headed back to the duck house and had lunch. I took a nap and then woke up a few hours later.

Dinner Saturday night was pork chops and bratwurst with an oyster stew that one of the Gulf Coast guys made. I grilled them all and did a great job. We watched Open Range and Jeremiah Johnson on TV.

After that I went back to bed after 10. This morning I woke up at 5:30 and decided not to go hunting after the poor performance from the previous day (it had rained over an inch and the roads were already flooded). After I finally got out of bed we loaded up and headed back to Memphis.

That was my weekend. It was simple, but I ate well and had a great time. And it was very relaxing. That's all you really need to ask for sometimes.

This week I have several interviews and will head into Arkansas Friday for the last weekend of duck season. After duck season is over and I will be back on the town.

How was your weekend? I hope you had a good one.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker