2/13/2007

Other Blogs

Ok, this is going to be a blogger post. If you don't read other folks blogs, just stop yourself because you probably won't know what the hell is going on.

Now most of you know I try not to comment about other people's blogs here. That's their respective worlds and they have every right to say whatever they want. BUT sometimes I just can't help it.

I was skimming through my usual viewing of blogs and other websites when I landed on Downtown Paul's blog. For those of you who may not be familiar with his blog, he is a computer...guru, I guess, professionally. He lives downtown and is very adamant that there is nothing better than downtown Memphis in our surrounding area (that's his opinion and I'm cool with that...I have to disagree but whatever). He talks about different events going on downtown socially and the local bum scene. When he strays into politics, he takes a seriously left-minded view of things (again, his perogative). But I'm afraid he's come to one of the following problems:

1. he's run out of things to say
2. he's become too narcissitic

Not sure what I'm talking about? Well his post that I just read was about...his hair. With pictures. It was a five minute discussion about how his hair has been and where it's going in the future. I actually read the whole thing in hope that there was some kind of funny end to it all. No, there wasn't.

Now Paul has a tendency to make fun of Used-To-Be-Charming Kat (sorry I had to, that was too easy). She talks about her involvement in the Grand Krewe of Ptolemy (which I am also in) among other fun stuff she does (i.e. going out drinking with friends, pining over getting a boytoy, or going to the gym). She's really happy with her involvement in the Krewe and has made several new friends. Paul thinks she talks...no wait, obsesses about it all the time. She doesn't. Sometimes she talks about it a little too much, but she at least has a nice healthy balance with the other stuff going on. So I can't wait for what Kat has to say about the hair post. If you can't tell they have this love/hate relationship: they love to mess with each other because they hate each other.

So what do you think? Has Paul just run out of stuff to say or has he become too narcissitic? I think it's a combo of both. Let's sit back and watch.

Other than all that, I'm really bored and need to get a job. Have a good one.

Songs on the Playlist (just a little too 80s):
Flock of Seagulls - I Ran
Animotion - Obsession
Big Star - Thirteen
The Church - Under The Milky Way
Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
Cutting Crew - I Just Died In Your Arms

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker