5/03/2006

I feel fine now

Well I started to post something this morning, but I was hungover and didn’t feel like it. So I’m posting something now after lunch.

Last night after work, I stopped by the gym on the way home. I feel fine now, but I will be sore as hell tomorrow. After taking a fast shower. I got dressed and headed to Newby’s. My buddy’s wife ran for a county commission seat (yea I didn’t know they had them either). Unfortunately she didn’t win her primary. The good news is now she can sit back and relax. I was up there with a good 20+ friends. I think I showed up between 7:30 and 8. I started to leave around 10:30, but my buddy CT bought a round of RockStars (Vodka, Rum, Gin, Tequila, and RockStar energy drink). It’s kinda like a Red Bull & Vodka. Very nice, but it’ll wake you the hell up. I probably had two. Ok, three. Towards the end of my second one I tried to leave and PF gave me another $5 and told me to play some music on the jukebox to prove if I had good taste in music. The answer? Hell yea I do. I rocked that joint like you wouldn’t believe.

Funny story. There is this guy who is friends with my friends that was at the party. When I was young (i.e. before first grade) he used to mow our lawn. So that puts him about 10 or so years older than me. I assume that anyone who is that much older than me knows when a woman wants him to take her home. Obviously he didn’t realize it or doesn’t know how to close, otherwise I wouldn’t be telling you. So yeah, he sat there and talked to this girl for about an hour and half at a table, just the two of them. She started getting antsy and finally said she was leaving. He never realized what she wanted. Just sat there in a daze I guess. Oh well we all make that mistake from time to time.

We sat around for a while and they finally cut out. I didn’t leave until well after midnight. I got home and ate a little BackYard Burger. They have the best Black & Bleu Bacon Cheeseburger in the world.

I rolled into bed after that and put Open Range in the DVD player. I started watching it and remembered back to a time when I lived by myself in Midtown in ’03-‘04. I’d come home on weekend nights from the bar tore up and hungry as hell. I had gotten these ten pound bags of frozen Tyson chicken wings from Sam’s Club. I’d turn on the oven and throw them in there. Once they were done, I’d get two bowls: one for the wings and one for the bleu cheese dip. I’d chow down on the wings and watch Open Range or the Great Outdoors or whatever.

So I watched the big gunfight scene and fell asleep.

Songs on the playlist:
The Rolling Stones – You Gotta Move
The Grateful Dead – Jack Straw
Incubus – Drive
Foo Fighters – This Is A Call
Widespread Panic – Blackout Blues
Toto – Rosanna
Talking Heads – Once In A Lifetime
The Beatles – Penny Lane
Metallica – Fuel
Willie Nelson – You Are Always On My Mind

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker